Just got sent this article which came out in 2008 but I do not remember seeing previously: The importance of stupidity in scientific research. The title seems a bit trite and in some ways the article is. But it has a resonance with many people and I thought I would at least post the link here. Some comments about it I found on the web include:
- The Importance of Stupidity - Improbable Research » Blog Archive
- On the importance of stupidity in scientific re... - For the Graduate ...
- "The importance of stupidity in scientific research" from J Cell ...
- The Importance of Stupidity in Grad School CaPS
- The Dynamic Earth: The Importance of Stupidity in Research
- The importance of feeling stupid
I can see why it resonates with people even though I am not sure I personally agree with the sentiments. It is definitely worth a read.
Hat top to Melanie Melendrez for pointing it out.