Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Saturday, November 06, 2021
Friday, November 05, 2021
Part 1 of "The Journal" podcast featuring story by Amy Marcus et al on the downfall of uBiome. Includes interviews with multiple people including myself.
- Metagenomic Binning / Assembly
- Wanted: Workers for the COVID19 Mass Testing Operations for UC Davis and Healthy Davis Together
- Compiling Information about COVID19 transmission, masks, filtration, schools, etc.
- Wanted – science driven guidelines for deciding if and how to keep open / reopen schools re: #COVID19
Sunday, May 16, 2021
See this thread
I am with @kprather88 here. Really vexed by what @CDCDirector and @CDCgov have done here. I mean, I get the general idea of trying to return to normal and encourage vaccination. But here are some thoughts for why I am still a bit vexed. https://t.co/tTzdFYoTqU— Jonathan Eisen (@phylogenomics) May 14, 2021
Made into a thread reader thread here: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1393025234303741954.html
Saturday, March 27, 2021
News Stories Quoted in
- UC Davis Aggie: Emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants raise concern for the future of the pandemic
- 9/15/2020. Newsweek. Fact-check: Does a New Study Give Evidence that the Coronavirus Was Made In a Lab?
- May 17, 2020. Newsweek: Scientists Shouldn't Rule Out Lab As Source of Coronavirus, New Study Says
- April 27, 2020. The controversial experiments and wuhan lab suspected of starting the coronavirus pandemic. Newsweek.
Relating to the lab vs natural origin theory of #SarsCOV2. I would like to call attention to the history of the anthrax attack investigation. Circumstantial evidence, that seemed so strong to so many people, was used to falsely accuse multiple people. https://t.co/olpDu8sKT9— Jonathan Eisen (@phylogenomics) March 27, 2021
This is a fascinating deep look into theories about the origins of #B117 #SARSCoV2 variant:— Jonathan Eisen (@phylogenomics) February 10, 2021
A lone infection may have changed the course of the pandemic https://t.co/jKNgWth63T
By @mattsreynolds1 w/ comments from @EvolveDotZoo, @LauringLab @firefoxx66 @GuptaR_lab @jcbarret
Yes, as I told @newsweek it is theoretically possible that a Chinese lab accidentally released #SARSCoV2 https://t.co/90qFnFcKJc but preponderance of evidence so far supports all natural events and the evidence actually supporting "lab release" is shown in this pic #Covid19 pic.twitter.com/TyqAiFnQuf— Jonathan Eisen (@phylogenomics) May 3, 2020
Reading: Scientists shouldn't rule out lab as source of coronavirus, new study says https://t.co/cZIyRXczrY - personally I do not find the analysis in this new paper remotely convincing 1/n— Jonathan Eisen (@phylogenomics) May 17, 2020
Most recent post
Made a slideshow of the otters I saw at the UC Davis Riparian Preserve yesterday. See
Just got this press release by email. I am sick of receiving dozens of unsolicited press releases, especially those in topics not related ...
New article out from the Eisen Lab: Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarumSee Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarum Paper based on PhD thesis work of Katie Dahlha...
I have a new friend in Google Scholar Updates I have written about the Updates system before and if you want more information please see...