Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Draft post cleanup #5: Best Science Paper Endings Award: Linking the Kama Sutra & Amoebas

OK - I am cleaning out my draft blog post list.  I start many posts and don't finish them and then they sit in the draft section of blogger.  Well, I am going to try to clean some of that up by writing some mini posts.  Here is #5:

I was reading an article on MSNBC: Amoebas: Sexier than anyone knew - Technology & science - Science - LiveScience - msnbc.com

The article discusses a paper: "The chastity of amoebae: re-evaluating evidence for sex in amoeboid organisms" from the Proceedings of the Royal Society B.  The paper is freely available and it is definitely scientifically interesting.  But the last sentence is phenomenal and deserves some sort of prize
"When discussing the sex of amoeboid protists, the existing evidence does not evoke chastity but rather Kama Sutra"
So I am starting a new award here - the "Best Science Paper Endings Award"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...