Just a quick one here with some links worth checking out regarding the recent discussion of suppressing some parts of a paper on engineering flu viruses
- Fearing Bioterrorism, Government Panel Asks: What Research Should Be Secret? | PBS NewsHour | Dec. 22, 2011 | PBS
- Stop the presses! H5N1 Frankenflu is going to kill us all! by Michael Eisen at "It is not junk"
- Strain Game by Carl Zimmer at Slate
- The Trouble with Scientific Secrets by Michael Spector at the New Yorker
- Seeing Terror Risk, US Asks Journals to Cut Flu Study Facts - NY Times
- AM Vitals: Figuring Out How to Handle Access to Bird-Flu Data by Katherine Hobson
Post a Comment