Tuesday, December 06, 2011

#badomics word for the week: nascentome

Here is a #badomics word to ponder - the nascentome

From this paper PLoS ONE: Nascentome Analysis Uncovers Futile Protein Synthesis in Escherichia coli

It was called to my attention via twitter:


 ayrrisBIO - Appistry 
Awe MT  But it's so new. Give nascentome a chance. RT  word: The 'nascentome':
 Aaron Best 
But it's so fresh and new. Give nascentome a chance. RT word: The 'nascentome': 
 Malcolm M. Campbell 
Worthy candidate for  word of the year: 'nascentome'. Blech.  via 
 WvSchaik 
 word: The 'nascentome':  


It is a really bad omits word.  So we are giving it an award.  Not sure which one yet.  But one of these:

2 comments:

  1. Bad name aside, read the paper. The electrophoretic isolation of tRNA linked nascent peptides described within is an elegant method. Co-translational protein folding and ribosomal mis-folding problems are cracked open by this technique. It stands on enough merit that the authors can call it whatever they like. The old adage comes to mind "There is no such thing as bad press" so thanks for nominating it for the award, otherwise I might have missed this gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree Chris. Usually I only highlight papers that the science is interesting since I don't want to call attention to crap. And I also try to focus only on Open Access papers if I can, since I also don't want to call attention to non OA pubs ...

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...