- A year old but still worth pondering – is hospital garb a vector for microbes?
- Session on microbiology of the built environment at ESA 2012 (Portland, August 5-10)
- Genomic Standards Consortium Workshop, April 22-24 2013 (Bethesda MD)
- NewScientist feature on Noah Fierer “Intrepid explorer of the microbe jungle in your home”
- Job: Postdoctoral Position in Environmental Metagenomics of Municipal Water Distribution Systems w/ Norman Pace
- An outdoor microbiologist indoors: Thoughts and ramblings from ASM2012
- Bacteria a potential threat to nuclear waste repositories
- CBC radio has a podcast by @radiobhardwaj on the “Hotel Rooms and Bacteria” that was all the rage at #ASM2012 last week
- New Sloan-funded program in the built environment: Microbial diversity in 1,000 homes across the United States
- ASM Live video on bacteria in hotel rooms
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Posts from #microBEnet that may be of interest
Quick post here - posting links to recent blog posts on the microBEnet blog that may be of interest here. The microBEnet blog is part of the microBEnet project that I run on microbiology of the built environment.
Most recent post
Making a page here with information on the history of the Lake Arrowhead Microbial Genomes meeting. Please post in comments any additional ...
New article out from the Eisen Lab: Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarumSee Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarum Paper based on PhD thesis work of Katie Dahlha...
I have a new friend in Google Scholar Updates I have written about the Updates system before and if you want more information please see...
Just got this press release by email. I am sick of receiving dozens of unsolicited press releases, especially those in topics not related ...