Monday, July 09, 2012

Google/ Blogger "Dynamic Views" - Fancy but limited

So - I keep switching back and forth between the current view on my blog and Google's "Dynamic Views" system.  Right now I am annoyed with the Dynamic Views so switched it off.

To see Dynamic Views check out

Each has its benefits but the whole Dynamic Views system is incompatible with many things I would like to do with my blog - examples include embedding Storify stories (the embeds don't work in dynamic views); jump breaks (to show only the beginning of a story with a species transition point); and much more. 

So - anyway - apologies for switching back and forth.  Still playing with what to have as a default ...

6 comments:

  1. Please keep it turned off. I hate them, here's why: they don't add any functionality, are slow to load, and won't load at all on some devices. Style over substance - you don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the same with mine now too - I'm sure they could be good in the right hands and the right type of blog - but it's not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the release of Windows 8, perhaps Dynamic Views will become more accepted as mainstream. I prefer your blog in Magazine, even over the non-dynamic original.

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...