Sunday, July 15, 2012

Three talks, 1.5 days at #ISMB ... phylogeny, phylogenomics, open science and more

Gave three talks in 1.5 days here in Long Beach as part of the satellite meetings associated with the "Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology" (ISMB) 2012 Conference. I will write more about the meeting and the craziness of giving three very different talks in 1.5 days. But for now I wanted to at least get my talks posted here since I posted the slides to slideshare and recorded the audio in synch with the slides and posted these "slideshows" to YouTube. Here are the talks below:





Talk 1 for the "Bioinformatics Open Source Conference" BOSC2012.  Was asked to talk about Open Science ... so ... I did ...


Slideshow with audio:
 




Talk 2 for the Student Council Symposium SCS2012. Sort of supposed to be a career guidance discussion so I geared my talk on the lines of "lessons learned" ...


Slideshow with audio:






Talk 3 for the "Automated function prediction" AFP2012 satellite meeting.  I decided to talk about phylogenetic and phylogenomics approaches to functional prediction ...


Slideshow with audio:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...