Sunday, July 08, 2012

Possibly new (not sure) connection between colic and Helicobacter pylori infections

Interesting article: JAMA Network | Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine | Helicobacter pylori and Infantile Colic.  The study basically suggests that infants with colic have a much higher incidence of Helicobacter pylori infections than do a control group of infants.  No causal relationship was established - just a correlation.

The article has been picked up by a few bloggers/news sources such as:
I was surprised that this was suggested to be a completely new connection - between HP and colic.  Given the amount of work on HP this just seemed odd.  So of course I decided to snoop around the web.  And I found a few things that were related especially:
So it seems that others have noticed a possible connection between HP and colic previously.  But in the end there is not a lot of literature out there on the topic.   If anyone out there knows anything else on this topic, please post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...