For some other background on my work and posts in this area see this page with a compilation of my Posts on diversity (gender, etc) in science.
Some selected ones are below:
- Pete Seeger, RIP, on women in engineering - The Tree of Life
- Important new paper on impact of having women as conveners on gender ratio of speakers
- Diversity (of speakers, participants) at meetings: do something about it
- Storified tweets from the #UCDavisADVANCE Symposium on Increasing Diversity of STEM Faculty
- Perhaps this meeting should be renamed "Of Microbiomes and Men" ....
- Another genomics meeting featuring men men men and men: International Forum on "Genomics, Innovation and economic growth"
- Important read for those interested in gender, family & academia: Do Babies Matter
- Q-Bio conference in Hawaii, bring your surfboard & your Y chromosome b/c they don't take a XX
- YAMMGM - yet another mostly male genomics meeting (series): Plant Genomic Congresses by Global Engage
- ICG Europe starts w/ "Omics & the future of man" & sticks to men the rest of the time