Friday, June 07, 2013

Important read for those interested in gender, family & academia: Do Babies Matter

Just got pointed to this by Julie Huber on Facebook: New book on gender, family and academe shows how kids affect careers in higher education | Inside Higher Ed.  The book is "Do Babies Matter? Gender and Family in the Ivory Tower."  This looks like a very important book and is especially relevant to me in my role in the UC Davis ADVANCE project where we are working on related issues.  It is from Mary Ann Mason at Berkeley Law School, Nicholas Wolfinger from Utah, and Marc Goulden from the UC Berkeley Office for Faculty Equity and Welfare.  It is definitely worth checking out.

I am ordering it right now ...


1 comment:

  1. You should also order "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg if you haven't done so already - I really appreciated the points she made (even if some people think her message is controversial). Devoured the book in two days!

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...