Conferences w/ poor gender ratios
- Perhaps this meeting should be renamed "Of Microbiomes and Men" ....
- Another genomics meeting featuring men men men and men: International Forum on "Genomics, Innovation and economic growth"
- YAMMGM - yet another mostly male genomics meeting (series): Plant Genomic Congresses by Global Engage
- ICG Europe starts w/ "Omics & the future of man" & sticks to men the rest of the time
- YAMMGM: Yet another mostly male genomics meeting #2: Beyond the Genome 2013
- YAMMGM: Yet another mostly male genomics meeting
- Lake Arrowhead Microbial Genomes Meeting 2012 Speaker Gender Ratio #LAMG12
- Q-Bio conference in Hawaii, bring your surfboard & your Y chromosome b/c they don't take a XX
- "Genomics: the Power and the Promise" meeting - could be called "Men Studying Genomics" instead
- A scientific study of gender bias in scientific conferences: new #PLoS One paper from #UCDavis
- Diversity (of speakers, participants) at meetings: do something about it
- Winner of the "genome conference speakers should be male" award ...
- A conference where the speakers are all women?
Other diversity related topics:
- Crosspost from PLOS Biologue: Working to increase diversity of PLOS Biology Academic Editors and Advisory Board members
- Special issue on Women in Science (the field) in Nature (the journal) (articles appear to be freely available too)
- Drexel Executive Leadership in Academic Technology and Engineering program fellowships
- Overselling genomics (and men) award #3 - Newsweek Magazine
- Draft post cleanup #19: Spam and biased spam at that
UC Davis ADVANCE
- ADVANCE Blog Notes: Interesting article by Mary Ann Mason at Slate.Com "In the Ivory Tower, Men Only"
- ADVANCE Reading of the Day: Sylvia Earle, Women in Japan and the Gulf, Spaceflight
- Re-reading this on "Why women leave academia and why universities should be worried"
- ADVANCE Journal Club: Developing Graduate Students of Color for the Professoriate in STEM
- The Tree of Life: Trying to sort out all the STEM and STEM related
- Symposium on ADVANCEing STEM Faculty at #UCDavis 4/25 1-4 PM
- The Tree of Life: Storified tweets from the #UCDavisADVANCE ...