Monday, February 10, 2014

Are you a knitter? Interested in microbes? Well this is for you: knit a microbe for a Glasgow school

This is the first time in my life I wish I knew how to knit; Calling all knitters: we need germs! - The Glasgow South and Eastwood Extra.  Yup - there is an attempt to break a world record for the most hands washed in a single session - and the place doing this is calling for help in making knitted microbes.  They have even posted patterns for making knitted microbes including ones for Penicillium, Common cold, Swine Flu, TB, Cholera, and more.

From Pinterest.

And what could be better than this?  They have a Pinterest Board with pics of the ones they have received:


See below

Follow Glasgow CityOfScience's board Knitted Microbes on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...