Alas, YAMMGM stands for "Yet another mostly male genomics meeting" so it is not an award to covet.
This meetings listed speakers are below with women highlighted in green.
- Nicholas Navin -The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Sunney Xie – Harvard
- Xu Xun – BGI
- James Hicks -CSHL
- Fuchou Tang – Peking
- Itai Yanai – Israel
- Thierry Voet - Sanger
- Jacob Kitzman – Plasma cell free DNA sequencing
- Stephen Quake – Stanford and Fluidigm
- Mario Caccamo – Genome Analysis Centre
- Rob Martienssen – CSHL
- Ryan Lister – University of Westerm Australia
- Neelima Sinha – UC davis
- Jorge Dubcovsky – UC Davis
- Robert Schmitz (Salk) – 1001 Arabidopsis project and CHiP-Seq
- Marja Timmermans (CSHL)
- Magnus Nordborg
- Chairs Alicia Oshlack, Yingrui Li and Michael Schatz to chair the bioinformatics challenge.
- James Taylor – Emory and Galaxy
- Chris Dagdigian – Bioteam
- David Haussler -UC Santa Cruz
- Janet Kelso – Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Certainly this does not prove any bias on the part of the meeting organizers. But it certainly suggests to me they might want to think about why the ratio is skewed.