- Getting to Know Our Microbial Roommates 5/27/13 Peter Andrey Smith
- Microbes Hitch a Ride on the Subway 5/27/13 by Peter Andrey Smith
- Behind the Cover Story: Michael Pollan on Why Bacteria Aren't the Enemy ... 5/20/13 by Rachel Nolan
- Say Hello to the 100 Trillion Bacteria That Make Up Your Microbiome 5/15/13 by Michael Pollen
- The Hidden World of Soil Under Our Feet 5/111/13 by Jim Robbins
- Sucking Your Child's Pacifier Clean May Have Benefits - NYTimes ...- 5/6/13 by Anahad O' Connor
- Eggs, Too, May Provoke Bacteria to Raise Heart Risk - 4/24/13 by Gina Kolata
- Prognosis: Circumcision and AIDS - 4/18/13 by Nicholas Bakalar
- The Boy With a Thorn in His Joints 2/1/13 - by Susannah Meadows
- Malnourished Gain Lifesaver in Antibiotics 1/30/13 by Denise Grady
- Antibiotics Are a Gift to Be Handled With Care - 11/12/12 by Perri Klass
- Fermentation Guru Seeks Out New (and Old) Flavors - 9/17/12 by Jeff Gordinier
- WELL - Vital Signs - Risks - Weight Implications for Infant Antibiotics ... 8/28/12 by Nicholas Bakalar
Plus - of course - there is a continuous stream of information on microbes from Carl Zimmer who writes frequently for the NY Times. Perhaps the best example of this is his coverage of the Human Microbiome Project papers: Studies of Human Microbiome Yield New Insights June 18, 2012. But there have been and I am sure will be others.
Sure - the NY Times is not the only place with a bunch of stories about microbial diversity and microbiomes. But they do seem tto have a good ratio of "diversity" themed coverage vs. germoophobia themed topics which are common in many other places.