If you are interested in population and evolutionary genetics a good place to keep up with papers on this topic in arXiv is Haldane's Sieve. The good folks there in essence make a separate post about each paper of interest and then people can comment there on the papers, since the commenting functions at arXiv are, well, challenged.
In areas related to this blog, here are some recent papers in arXiv:
- Adaptive reference-free compression of sequence quality scores
- Abundance-weighted phylogenetic diversity measures distinguish microbial community states and are robust to sampling depth
- Quorum sensing inhibitory compounds from extremophilic microorganisms isolated from a hypersaline cyanobacterial mat
- Distilled Single Cell Genome Sequencing and De Novo Assembly for Sparse Microbial Communities
- SICLE: A high-throughput tool for extracting evolutionary relationships from phylogenetic trees
- Five Statistical Questions about the Tree of Life