I wrote about this briefly here: Trolls and flames discuss #NotSoFunny satire at the Scholarly Kitchen.
And the twitter had quite a bit too. So, of course, I made a "Storification" of this:
But that is not what I am here to discuss. What I am here to discuss is something that I discovered from a tweet of my brother's.
prominent global warming skeptic comes to defense of closed access publishing - dreams really DO come true!!! scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2012/02/12/rev…
— Michael Eisen (@mbeisen) February 14, 2012
And I clicked on the link but the details were not there. So I sniffed around a bit and did some googling (I could have just called my brother I guess ...).
And I discovered that one of the contributors to the Scholarly Kitchen David Wojick does indeed appear to be a pretty extreme climate change denialist. Some information reported to be about him and his anti-climate-change ways can be found at these sites
here) and the Greening Earth Society which are relatively notorious in their "climate change is not happening" points of view.
Sniffing around the web I found some publications which appear to be by him that certainly are, well, extreme:
- 20th Century Warming Not Unprecedented, Experts Testify
- The Black Hole of Global Climate Government
- Journalist's Guide to Global Warming Experts
- Climate Guru Kicks the Hockey Stick
- Why the IPCC has a Political Agenda
- The New View of Natural Climate Variation
- Debate: Do Scientists have Compelling Evidence for Global Warming?
- The UC IPCC's Artful Bias