Monday, April 06, 2009

Science Stimulus Spam II - Double Yuck

And another science stimulus spam, this one from Perkin Elmer

PerkinElmer self promotional statement deleted to not help them distribute it.

"As you know, the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) is providing large opportunities for grant funding through the NIH.

NIH Challenge Grants in Health and Science Research (RC1)
Recovery Act Limited Competition: High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
Recovery Act Limited Competition: Biomedical Research Core Centers to Enhance Research Resources (P30)
View More NIH Grant Funding Opportunities
PerkinElmer is here to assist you. "
More self promotional text deleted.

More yuck.

4 comments:

  1. i don't mean to be a pessimist... but, what did anyone expect?? pour gazillions of dollars into somewhere and all the folks who might get a piece of the action arise from the slime.

    unfortunately, this is where universities are headed. its all about indirect (oops... F&A) costs. and if you get a 'friend' at P&E who will 'take a v.p. to dinner' -- all the better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree in many ways. The slime rises to the top along with the cream. We just need to keep outing the slime ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the ARRA spam was bad, but I had to register on grants.gov so my consulting company could complete an NIH SBIR application, and now I'm getting 3 or 4 "How to Win Government Contracts" dreck-mails a day.

    I wonder if the government is selling their mailing list to pay off the debt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would bet that some contractror and/or NIH is selling those lists ...

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...