- Eric Allen, Ph.D.
- Shota Atsumi, Ph.D.
- Roger Beachy, Ph.D.
- Bianca Brahamsha, Ph.D.
- Geoffrey Chang, Ph.D.
- Joseph Ecker, Ph.D.
- James W. Golden, Ph.D.
- Farzad Haerizadeh, Ph.D.
- Jeff Hasty, Ph.D.
- Sara Iverson, M.S.
- Martin Jonikas, Ph.D.
- Stephen Mayfield, Ph.D.
- Greg Mitchell, Ph.D.
- George Oyler, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bernhard Palsson, Ph.D.
- Jason Pyle, M.D., Ph.D.
- Ben Saydah, Ph.D.
- Hamilton Smith, M.D.
- Brian Staskawicz, Ph.D.
- Martin Yanofksy, Ph.D.
That a ratio of 18:2 or 10% female.
Not that I know the cause of this but here are some other pieces of information to consider.
The Food and Fuel for the 21st Century Program lists 5 people on their Executive Committee. Any guesses on the # of these that are men? Well it is 5.
Fortunately they have an Advisory Committee too and that must have some women on it right? Nope.
UPDATE 3/4 7:21 AM
It took me a bit but I found details on the 2013 symposium from the same group. The web site for the 2013 meeting is not active as far as I can tell. However it is available in the Internet Archive. For example, here is a snapshot from June 1, 2013. From that snapshot here are the listed speakers
- David Kramer, Michigan State University
- Susan Golden, University of California, San Diego
- Julian Schroeder, University of California, San Diego
- Stephen Mayfield, University of California, San Diego
- Steven Briggs, University of California, San Diego
- Matteo Pellegrini, University of California, Los Angeles
- Donald Weeks, University of Nebraska--Lincoln
- Michael Burkart, University of California, San Diego
- Chancellor Pradeep Khosla, University of California, San Diego
- Farzad Haerizadeh, Life Technologies
- Ben Hueso, California State Assembly
- Bill Gerwick, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Eric Mathur, SG Biofuels
- James Van Etten, University of Nebraska--Lincoln
- Fred Tennant, Heliae
- David Dunigan, University of Nebraska--Lincoln
- Xuemei Bai, Cellana
- George Oyler, University of Nebraska--Lincoln
- Gerry Mackie, University of California, San Diego
- Mark Hildebrand, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Lawrence Johnson, Salim Group
- Craig Behnke, Sapphire Energy
- Rebecca White, Sapphire Energy
For a ratio of 20:3.