- Biogeochemical Forces Shape the Composition and Physiology of Polymicrobial Communities in the Cystic Fibrosis Lung by Robert A. Quinn, Yan Wei Lim, Heather Maughan, Douglas Conrad, Forest Rohwer and Katrine L. Whiteson
- Causes for the Persistence of Impact Factor Mania by Arturo Casadevall and Ferric C. Fang
- Comparative Analysis of Salmonella Genomes Identifies a Metabolic Network for Escalating Growth in the Inflamed Gut by Sean-Paul Nuccio and Andreas J. Bäumler
- Use and Misuse of Statistical Significance in Survival Analyses by Yoichi Furuya, Danushka K. Wijesundara, Teresa Neeman and Dennis W. Metzger
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Infection in Dromedary Camels in Saudi Arabia by Abdulaziz N. Alagaili, Thomas Briese, Nischay Mishra, Vishal Kapoor, Stephen C. Sameroff, Emmie de Wit, Vincent J. Munster, Lisa E. Hensley, Iyad S. Zalmout, Amit Kapoor, Jonathan H. Epstein, William B. Karesh, Peter Daszak, Osama B. Mohammed, and W. Ian Lipkin
- Programmable Removal of Bacterial Strains by Use of Genome-Targeting CRISPR-Cas Systems by Ahmed A. Gomaa, Heidi E. Klumpe, Michelle L. Luo, Kurt Selle, Rodolphe Barrangou, and Chase L. Beisel
Saturday, March 22, 2014
mBio - home of some really cool, #openaccess microbiology papers
Am really enjoying the suite of papers coming out in mBio - the Open Access PLOSOne like journal from the American Society for Microbiology. Here are some examples of recent papers that caught my eye:
Most recent post
So - on 9/27 I had Gamma Knife treatment at UC Davis for a posterior fossa meningioma that was first found by MRI about 6 years ago. I am g...
I have a new friend in Google Scholar Updates I have written about the Updates system before and if you want more information please see...
New article out from the Eisen Lab: Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarumSee Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarum Paper based on PhD thesis work of Katie Dahlha...
Just got this press release by email. I am sick of receiving dozens of unsolicited press releases, especially those in topics not related ...