Harry Belafonte and the secret proteome of coconut milk
And this is what one sees when one goes there:
Want to guess about the gender balance of the people who run the journal? Here are the pics from the web site of the main executive editors and officials
Thoughts out there? Seems pretty inappropriate to me ...
UPDATE 3/21 8 AM - Storifying Twitter comments
UPDATE 3/21 9:26 AM Elsevier says they will take down image but haven't yet. Bonus - you can download a PPT slide of the brilliant image
UPDATE 3/21 9:34 AM
Some links of relevance
- Your daily dose of sexism (again) and #ProteomicsSexism (from the Lab and Field Blog)
- Maybe these graphical abstracts could be a little less graphic (from Neurodojo)
UPDATE 3/22 12:34 PM
- Sexism charge hits proteomics journal — and you'll see why ...
- Everyday sexism and the price we pay for looking away
- Not how I wanted to spend spring break - The Drew Lab at Columbia ...
- Still a few bugs in the system: So much science communication fail ...
- Elsevier's Junk Science - Shuttleworth Foundation
- bragg » Chemistry Blog
- Brain Stew