Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pete Seeger, RIP, on women in engineering ...

When I was growing up, we went to Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie concerts every year at Wolf Trap. I have loved Seeger since then and thus was very sad to hear he died a few days ago. My mom is visiting right now and she and I have been talking about "Women in Science" issues (and for example she brought me some nice presents which I posted about Monday).
And in talking to my mom today she reminded me of this song Seeger used to sing every year when we saw the show. It is by his sister. And it is a good rallying cry for "Women in STEM" fields, I think. Here it is:

 

3 comments:

  1. The reaction of some of the members of the audience is quite heart breaking - did they want to be engineers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Jonathan, for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...