This is the paper I referred to in a previous post: Mouse study of fecal transplants to treat Cdiff infection. This post was about a BBC News story that appeared to have jumped the embargo. And then the news article disappeared and the scientific article was missing. Thankfully the paper is now out.
The article has gotten some press that was not retracted.
- Fecal Bacteria Overpower Highly Contagious C. diff Strain
- Studies show fecal transplant's effectiveness treating C. diff infections
- The benefits of poop therapy
- The poop of the matter
- Overselling the microbiome award of the month: Integrative medical group of Irvine
- Mouse study of fecal transplants to treat Cdiff infection
- Fecal transplants in the news
- Got poo?: Clinical trial on fecal transplants (aka fecal bacteriotherapy) to treat C. difficile infections
- Episode of Radio New Zealand "This Way Up": "Meet your microbes" discussion w/ me
- Transfaunation and Fecal Transplants: What Goes Around Comes Around, Literally and Figuratively
- Maybe the next thing is animal fecal transplant toys? #poop
- Yes, Colbert did indeed discuss Fecal Transplants #microbeRule
- My science communication hero/heroine of the month - Dr. Kiki @drkiki
- More (you know you wanted it) on fecal transplants and the microbiome