- 1. What is the number of species of microbes found on one person across their entire body (gut, skin, mouth, etc)?
- 2. What is the number of species of known human pathogens (that are microbes)
- 3. What human ailments are now thought to be possibly caused by disturbances in the microbiome?
- 4. How many viruses (kinds and numbers) are found in the human microbiome?
- 5. What is a good source of open (e.g., creative commons) images of the microbes found in / on people?
I am going to post these each as a comment below so people can respond to each one ... Thanks
UPDATE 6/4/2012 - Embedding the talk I gave for TEDMED