Monday, March 29, 2010

WANTED: Used Roche GS FLX sequencer; ready to buy

Well, I have been looking around on the web for a bit and figured I should just post to my blog. We are in the market for a used Roche GS FLX sequencer. Anyone know of one for sale? We had planned to buy a new one but with the 3rd generation sequencers coming out soon it seems unwise to spend 500K on a new machine. But I like the current capabilities in the Roche GS FLX, as well as the apparently soon to be released ~1000 base pair reads. So we still would like to have the technology here at UC Davis. So if you know of one for sale, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Here you go. Ignore the "Property of JCVI" stickers. And that we had to meet here at midnight.

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

Talk on Sequencing and Microbes ...

I recently gave a talk where I combined what are normally two distinct topics - the Evolution of DNA Sequencing, and the use of Sequencing t...