Monday, March 15, 2010

Bad omics word of the day: transactome

Hat tip again to Rami Aziz for pointing this out on twitter


From the abstract: "The definition of transcriptional networks through measurements of changes in gene expression profiles and mapping of transcription factor binding sites is limited by the moderate overlap between binding and gene expression changes and the inability to directly measure global nuclear transcription (coined “transactome”)."

I have no real clue what that means.

I confess, going to skip this paper.  So I will not figure out if there is some clearer meaning. But here's a guess - the word is unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...