Saturday, September 08, 2007

Retraction - I was buzzing off about bees before my time

Recently I wrote a post about the recent study on bees associated with colony collapse disorder. After receiving a well thought out email from one of the authors on the study I have decided to retract my blog and apologize to the authors of the bee study. I rushed out my blog without really considering the evidence and the data very carefully and accept that I screwed this one up big time. The study is much more complex and comprehensive that I led people to believe. In part this was due to lack of detail in the actual manuscript but alas most of the fault lies with me - in not trying to contact the authors for more detail before mouthing off.

So I am giving myself a new award - the genomic jerk award. Hopefully there will be no more recipients.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for handling this in such a straightforward and intellectually honest way. And thanks for some really interesting posts. Please, keep up the good work.
    Tom (kellert) at ohsu.edu

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...