End of Sequence Read Archive (SRA) - some quick notes
Well, it seems that the Sequence Read Archive (SRA) is going away sometime in the near future. I posted about the SRA last week and in the discussion someone posted an email message that supposedly was from David Lipman of the NCBI saying that the SRA is going to be closing. This has now been confirmed and I thought I would just post some links discussing this
- SRA Home reports that NCBI will not support the SRA. See here also.
- EMBL EBI says it will continue to support the SRA
- Unpopular genomic database faces budget axe
- Short Read Archive Canned - SEQanswers
- Short Read Archive Canned
- NCBI to End Support for Sequence Read Archive as Federal Purse ...
- Confirmed | The Daily Scan | GenomeWeb