Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Freeing my father's publications part 4

Well, the saga on "Freeing my father's publications" continues.  I am now experimenting with posting papers by my father on a "personal" website dedicated to this task, since most/many journals allow one to post one's papers this way.

Since I am about to head out to a meeting, I am going to do the simple part first.  Making a collection of as many of his papers as I can.  I am posting these on a "Page" associated with this blog here, at least for now.

Here is the first:

Eisen HJ, Goodman HM. Growth hormone and phosphorylase activity in adipose tissue. Endocrinology. 1969 Feb;84(2):414-6. PMID: 4303531.  I have a printed copy I made 10 or so years ago.  I scanned it with my Fukitsu ScanSnap S1500M scanner and used the "convert to PDF with text" option.   And this is what came out.  Not perfect but not so bad.

More coming.  And thanks to David Williams, a friend from my youth, who knew my dad, for helping inspire me to keep at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...