For more see
- Freeing my father's publications part 2
- Freeing My Father's Scientific Publications
- Freeing My Father's Scientific Publications Update
And alas things did not start out well today. At the suggestion of Linda Avey I looked at Academia.Edu to see if I could create a page there for my father. I guess I could have lied, but they ask for current institution/affiliation so I could not do that.
So I decided to start to try to download his papers from journal sites to use when I create some web site for him... not getting very far I note ... and getting a bit pissed off.
- Paper #1:
- Growth hormone and phosphorylase activity in adipose tissue. Eisen HJ, Goodman HM. Endocrinology. 1969 Feb;84(2):414-6.
- Available online apparently here. Published by The Endocrine Society which makes papers from 12 month old back to 1997 available for free online. But it does not make older papers available. What an inane policy. So I cannot (legally) get a PDF of this paper without paying for it? F*$cking brilliant. Glad though, that UC Davis is not paying for this as it should be available for free to everyone.
- Paper #2 :
- Horm Metab Res. 1971 Sep;3(5):331-5.The effects of hypophysectomy on phosphorylase activity in adipose tissue and muscle. Hellman DE, Eisen HJ, Goodman HM.
- Seems to be available via Thieme Journals here. But then alas, it is not available for free. Great.
- Paper #3 :
- Endocrinology. 1973 Feb;92(2):584-8. Effect of insulin on glycogen synthesis in fetal rat liver in organ culture. Eisen HJ, Glinsmann WH, Sherline P.
- Any guesses anyone? Yup, some thing from Endocrinology.
- Paper #4 :
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1973 Dec;70(12):3454-7. Regulation of hepatic glycogen synthesis during fetal development: roles of hydrocortisone, insulin, and insulin receptors. Eisen HJ, Goldfine ID, Glinsmann WH.
- Hooray. Kudos to PNAS for doing the right thing and making older papers available for free via Pubmed Central.
That is where I am stopping for now. Will keep working on this over the next few weeks.