- Harold Varmus was on Science Friday 1.5 weeks ago talking about Open Access. I think he did a fine job, no matter what Evolgen might imply. You can listen to the interview here. Glad Science Friday covered this.
- Just found the blog Evolution Minute. They seem to be trying to represent both sides of the ID vs. evolution debate. Not sure what to make of it yet, but it seems worth checking out.
- New publication available from the American Society of Microbiology. "Uncharted Microbial World: Microbes and Their Activities in the Environment". Thanks to Dan Drell at DOE for pointing this out.
- Obama shares beliefs about Islam and evolution. Note - in case you missed it. Darwin endorsed him here on my blog.
- Charles Darwin's theory of evolution drafts go online. Look behind the scenes at Darwin writing his big book.
- Scathing review of 'Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed' (Ben Stein monkeys with evolution) by Roger Moore.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Tree of Life Runners
More little ditties here
I made a Storify of Tweets and some pictures from the "An open digital Global South" meeting that I am a co-organizer of. This was...
Well, this is disappointing if not disturbing A new paper is out that has some interesting findings but the paper itself, and the press r...
Just got this press release by email. I am sick of receiving dozens of unsolicited press releases, especially those in topics not relate...
I have a new friend in Google Scholar Updates I have written about the Updates system before and if you want more information please see...