I just got in the mail some of the free science education DVDs I ordered from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. The first one I have looked at is quite good (it is on evolution, of course). I recommend people browse the HHMI catalog here. These could be useful for students as well as for actual courses.
And of course, the best part, they are free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most recent post
A ton to be thankful for -- here is one part of that - all the acknowledgement sections from my scholarly papers
So - it is another Thanksgiving Day and in addition to thinking about family, and football, and Alice's Restaurant, I also think a lot a...
-
Wow. Just wow. And not in a good way. Just got an email invitation to a meeting. The meeting is " THE FIRST ANNUAL WINTER Q-BIO ...
-
I have a new friend in Google Scholar Updates I have written about the Updates system before and if you want more information please see...
-
See Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarum Paper based on PhD thesis work of Katie Dahlha...
Yeah, I have a couple of them too. The virtual lab CD-ROM is pretty cute too.
ReplyDeleteIf you haven't already, check out Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory's DNA Learning Center's website. They have some spectacular freely available educational tools, including all sorts of animations, interview clips and images.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dnalc.org/
David
ReplyDeleteI could not agree more. In fact, in my previous blog about things I love about CSHL, the DNA learning center was my #1 item.