A new paper on GOLD - the Genomes On Line Database has been published in Nucleic Acids Research. GOLD is an amazing resource for those interested in microbial genomes ... there are so many genome projects out there that it is VERY hard to keep track of them. GOLD does this for you.
Plus it has data organized in nice ways (like by phylogenetic trees) and you can also download all the information. If you want a nice survey of genome projects, check out the statistics page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most recent post
A ton to be thankful for -- here is one part of that - all the acknowledgement sections from my scholarly papers
So - it is another Thanksgiving Day and in addition to thinking about family, and football, and Alice's Restaurant, I also think a lot a...
-
Wow. Just wow. And not in a good way. Just got an email invitation to a meeting. The meeting is " THE FIRST ANNUAL WINTER Q-BIO ...
-
I have a new friend in Google Scholar Updates I have written about the Updates system before and if you want more information please see...
-
See Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarum Paper based on PhD thesis work of Katie Dahlha...
From the stats page: http://www.genomesonline.org/images/gold_s9.gif
ReplyDeleteProtists? Really?
Oh dear. I will badger them about that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip, I was looking for something like that!
ReplyDeleteI also stumbled upon diArk recently which is a lot of the same things, but specifically for eukaryotic genome projects.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.diark.org/diark/