Dear Professor Jonathan Eisen ,
We hope you are well and we would like to invite you to speak at our forthcoming Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) USA congress (www.
nextgenerationsequencingusa- congress.com) or co-located Single Cell Analysis USA congress (www.singlecellusa-congress. com) to be held on
- at Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA. Over the two days, the NGS USA congress aims to cover updates and application of NGS technologies in genomics and genetics research in the US and UK, Europe. Topics are comprised of NGS & NGS Data Analysis Technologies and Platforms, NGS for Cancer Drug Development, Microbiology and Immunotherapy as well as Clinical Applications & Diagnostics. Novel updates in Gene Synthesis, Protein Sequencing and Targeted Sequencing will also be explored The Single Cell Analysis USA congress looks at new methods in DNA sequencing, epigenomic DNA sequencing and RNA sequencing, informatics, data handling as well as application of single cell genomics in understanding cancer other areas of cancer research such as cancer stem cells and immunotherapy. The presentations are also comprised of novel techniques in imaging and cytometry, isolation and processing of single cells. The congress also covers the applications in translational medicine and the clinic for therapeutic targeting.
The combination of carefully researched topics and high-level networking opportunities creates a unique discussion platform for over 250 senior scientists we are expecting in attendance from research institutions and pharmaceutical companies. Confirmed Speakers for 2015 include:NGS· Sreekumar Kodangattil, Senior Principal Scientist, Pfizer
· Shrikant M. Mane, Senior Research Scientist in Genetics; Director, MBB Keck Biotech laboratory; Director, Yale Center for Genome Analysis
· Stephan Schuster, Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Penn State University
· Richard McCombie, Professor, Human Genetics, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
· Jingyue Ju, Director, Center for Genome Technology and Biomolecular Engineering, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Pharmacology, Columbia University
· Christopher Mason, Chair, ABRF NGS Consortium, Assistant Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College. Dept. of Physiology & Biophysics; The Brain & Mind Research Institute
· Michaela Bowden, Associate Director, Center for Molecular Oncologic Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
· Yuan Gao, Director, Associate Professor, Lieber Institute/Johns Hopkins University
· Sheng Li, Instructor in Bioinformatics, Department of Neurological Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College
· Michael Fraser, Associate Director, CPC-GENE Prostate Cancer Genomics Program, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Single Cell· Daniel Chiu, Professor, University of Washington
· Steve Potter, Professor, Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children's Medical Center
· Norman Dovichi, Professor, University Notre Dame
· Zaida Luthey-Schulten, Professor of Chemistry, University of Illinois
· Paul Bohn, Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame
· Navin Varadarajan, Assistant Professor, University of Houston
· Alexander R., Ivanov, Director of the HSPH Proteomics Resource, Research Scientist
Harvard School of Public Health· Viktor Adalsteinsson, Researcher, Researcher, Koch Institute at MIT, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard Medical School
· Xinghua Victor Pan, Research Scientist, Single Cell Genomics Group, Sherman Weissman Laboratory, Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine
· Cheng-Zhong Zhang, Computational Biologist, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Oxford Global Sequencing Meetings: Where MEN Tell You About Sequencing #YAMMM
Well, got an email invite to one of these Oxford Global Meetings. Sadly the gender ratio of listed speakers is awful. I highlighted the list below (men in yellow, women in green). Ratio of 17:3. (See below). No thanks Oxford Global.
Most recent post
In 1997, my then girlfriend (now wife) and I went camping in Death Valley. It was our fourth trip there to camp in grad. school. I brought m...
New article out from the Eisen Lab: Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarumSee Isolation and sequence-based characterization of a koala symbiont: Lonepinella koalarum Paper based on PhD thesis work of Katie Dahlha...
Just got this press release by email. I am sick of receiving dozens of unsolicited press releases, especially those in topics not related ...
I have a new friend in Google Scholar Updates I have written about the Updates system before and if you want more information please see...