- The title alone shows how badly they were misled by the authors: there is NO evidence that changes in bacteria caused anything here.
- "Have you noticed that you gain weight every time you quit smoking?" ... "you may be surprised to learn that it has little to do with your calorie intake." "Researchers attributed the weight gains to changes in the bacterial diversity of the intestine."
- Thanks "researchers" for misleading everyone about your study.
- "Most smokers put on a couple of kilos when they quit smoking. This is not due to an increased calorie intake, but to a change in the composition of the intestinal flora after quitting smoking"
- "attribute the cause to a changed composition of the bacterial diversity in the intestine."