Prof. Andrew Clark, Cornell University delivers the David Starr Jordan Memorial Lecture, titled "How is the human population explosion affecting the genetics of complex disease?"
Prof. Johanna Schmitt, Brown University delivers the John Thomas Memorial Lecture, titled "Evolutionary genomics of plant responses to climate change."
And many other talks including:
- Graham Coop, U.C. Davis, "Geographic patterns of adaptation in humans"
- Jonathan Eisen, U.C. Davis, "A phylogeny-driven genomic encyclopedia of bacteria and archaea"
- Hunter Fraser, Stanford, "Adaptive evolution of gene expression"
- Jessica Green, U. Oregon, "Biodiversity theory and metagenomics-based biogeography"
- Stephen Palumbi, Stanford, "Genomics of speciation and adaptation in the sea"
- Brian Simison, California Academy of Sciences, "Molluscan mitochondrial genomics"
- Jay Storz, U. Nebraska, "Genomics of high-altitude adaptation in vertebrates"
- Ward Watt, Stanford, "Evolutionary functional genomics of ecologically accessible species"
Gonna be fun to go back to my old haunting grounds (did that little PhD thing there).