- Currently #8 on the NY Times Hardcover Bestseller list
- Great reviews including in the NY Times, The Globe and Mail, the New York Times again, Publisher's Weekly, Washington Post, Boston Globe, and so on
- Much media coverage including ABC News, CBS Sunday Morning, Fresh Air, All Things Considered
- Great blog coverage including Ed Yong's Not Exactly Rocket Science, Boing Boing, and many others
- A growing list of followers on twitter.
- An appearance on Colbert (see below)
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
- She even was spoofed on April Fools, an honor I am sure.
And somewhat amazingly, she will be coming to Davis (I got her to commit to coming when I read a preprint of the book - before she became such a big shot) The details are below - I will be posting some more over the next few weeks about the book but just wanted to get the word out.
- Title: “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (aka HeLa): The History and Ethics of Research on Human Biological Materials”
- Date: 4/23/2010
- Time: 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Open to the public with talk plus questions plus book signing. Books will be available to purchase.
- Location: ARC Ballroom
- Sponsor: UC Davis Genome Center, Science and Technology Studies Program, University Writing Program, and Davis Humanities Institute.
- Contact: Jonathan Eisen