Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bad omics word of the day: nutriome

And the winner is ...


From the abstract "strategies to determine dietary reference values of single micronutrients and micronutrient combinations (nutriomes)"

As with my last Bad Omics word, I have no real clue what that means. But it seems this author has been using the term for a while.

Some other papers have defined it more concisely such as "Nutriomic analysis is a postgenomic-based study of nutritious components (nutriome)."

Yuck yuck and double yuck is what I say.


Hat tip to @nutrigenomics and @larry_parnell and @eurogene for pointing this one out. 

4 comments:

  1. Adversomics: vaccine adverse event immunogenetics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jonathan for your comment, and what is meaning of a suffix -omics, e.g. genomics or -nome e.g. genome for you? many thanks cos you may enlighten others

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find your list of badomes funny, but this one just clicks. It's euphonious, and it captures this new field well: what's the ideal combination of nutrients for you, to keep your genome healthy? You might need more broccoli smoothies, while I might need more high cocoa-flavanolice cream. Nutriome: yum! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find your list of badomes funny, but this one just clicks. It's euphonious, and it captures this new field well: what's the ideal combination of nutrients for you, to keep your genome healthy? You might need more high-isothiocyanate broccoli smoothies, while I might need more high cocoa-flavanol ice cream. Nutriome: yum! yum!

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...