Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Four days of microbial phylogeny at #UCDavis #Asgard #Phylogenomics #MAGs

So - I did a guest appearance in a UC Davis Microbiology class run by a colleague / friend of mine - Renee Tsolis and I thought I would just post the details here.

Class: MIB200A - Biology of Prokaryotes

Four days of microbial phylogeny oriented around discussions of papers.  So to do this I picked four topics, really organized around papers.  See below for details.  I have posted the slides though I note they are pretty boring since most of them are just figures / text from the papers.

Class 1: rRNA and the Tree of Life

Papers
Slides





Class 2. Phylogeny

Slides:




Class 3: A New View of the Tree of Life

Paper:
Slides:




Class 4: Asgaard Archaea

Paper:

Slides:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...