This unique meeting will bring together directors of imaging centers and program leaders of open access infrastructures. Our goal is to create a platform to explore the frontiers in imaging technologies, discuss common challenges, and strategize how the global imaging community can build a common network to tackle the era of “big data” as well as rapid technological advances in microscopy.
First glance did not look great so I dug into it a bit more. I tried to infer the gender of the people listed on the site by looking for their personal web sites or other descriptions of them to see what gender pronouns were used. When that was not available I guessed based on name or appearance. I know this is not ideal / perfect but it usually does a decent job of estimating gender balance for a meeting.
Here is what I inferred (and color coded).
- Teng-Leong Chew, Janelia Research Campus/HHMI
- Antje Keppler, European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Ok that is good. It has been shown that having a good gender balance of organizers can help lead to a good balance for a meeting.
- Holly Aaron, University of California, Berkeley
- Pablo Ariel, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Richard Cole, NY State Department of Health, Wadsworth Center
- Hunter Elliott, Harvard Medical School
- John Eriksson, Turku BioImaging
- Scott Fraser, University of Southern California
- Jeremy Freeman, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Ronald Germain, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases/NIH
- Gary Greenburg, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- David Hoffman, Janelia Research Campus/HHMI
- James Jonkman, Advanced Optical Microscopy Facility
- Luke Lavis, Janelia Research Campus/HHMI
- Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz, Janelia Research Campus/HHMI
- Elisa May, University of Konstanz
- Robert Price, University of South Carolina
- Joshua Rappoport, Northwestern University
- Jean Salamero, Institut Curie
- Hari Shroff, National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering/NIH
- Robert Singer, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Jason Swedlow, University of Dundee
- Aaron Taylor, Janelia Research Campus/HHMI
- Paul Tillberg, Janelia Research Campus/HHMI
- Jean-Yves Tinevez, Institut Pasteur
- Michael Unser, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Jennifer Waters, Harvard Medical School
- Simon Watkins, University of Pittsburgh
Well, this is pretty skewed. That comes to 22:4 male; female.