- Hey Nature Publishing Group - When are you going to live up to your promises about "free" genome papers? #opengate #aaaaaarrgh
- Please help keep the pressure on Nature Publishing Group to restore free access to genome papers #opengate
- I am highly skeptical of the CHORUS system proposed by scientific publishers as an end run around PubMed Central
- Calling on Nature Publishing Group to return all money received for genome papers and article corrections
- A Solution to Nature Publishing Group's Inability to Keep Free Papers Free: Deposit them in Pubmed Central
Today I discovered that not only are some important genome papers not freely available but one for the ages - the paper on the HeLa genome - reported with much fanfare recently as a triumph of an agreement with the family of Henrietta Lacks - is only available if you pay.
Once again I call on Nature Publishing Group to publicly disclose all financial gains that have come from people paying for the these genome papers and for the money to be returned.