Saturday, April 23, 2022

Endosymbiosis Animations for "Biodiversity and the Tree of Life"

So I am in the midst of co-teachign a very large introductory biology course at UC Davis "BIS2C - Biodiversiy and the tree of Life". I cover much of microbial diversity in this class and also the large scale structure of the Tree of Life. 

As always, I spent a lot of time working on slides and such for this class and recently posted some animations based on these slides to Twitter and Facebook and thought I would share some of them here. For today, I am sharing the animations I made on Endosymbiosis. I posted a first version of this to Twitter last week. Note - I added music - Mussorgsky - Night on Bald Mountain for drama ... I also posted it to Facebook:

  

And boy am I glad I did. Because multiple people commented and pointed out parts that were, well, not correct. I had lecture too soon to fix them so I told my students about this and that I would update the slides. I then spent a day updating everything and made a new version which I think is much much better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...