Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Yet another reason to avoid big meetings

Big meetings really do suck. I am on the bus from my hotel to the conference center where the ASM meeting is being held.  I knew I should have taken the subway.  But I took the charter bus.  And it seems to be more of a thing for tourists than scientists on the way to a conference.  On the bus they are playing tvs at a volume akin to the last rock concert I went to. No chance to talk to anyone.  No chance to think. No chance to relax.  Ick.  

1 comment:

  1. I was in Boston last week and got stranded because they shut down the T due to an electrical fire at one of the stations. It took me 3 hours get where I need to go.

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...