More about the UC Davis ADVANCE program
- What are the policy guidelines for tenure review?
- Can the tenure clock be extended for family related issues (e.g., birth of a child, adoption of a child, dependent medical care, etc)?
- What is the specific wording of such policies?
- How are such policies explained to tenure review committees and letter writers?
- UC Davis Academic Personnel Manual
- APM 210 has guidelines directly related to this
- UC Davis Work Life Balance
Wanted: examples of wording / guidelines for tenure review that encourages / allows for family leaves to extend time clock #ADVANCEAnd got some responses
— Jonathan Eisen (@phylogenomics) March 18, 2013
@phylogenomics Our wording is more on the 'allows' than 'encourages' end of the spectrum. Pg3 section 1.4 subsec 4 usu.edu/hr/files/uploa…
— weecology (@weecology) March 18, 2013
@phylogenomics Here's a page that describes cases of family leave for stopping tenure clock @uwmadison:secfac.wisc.edu/newfac/tenure/…Any other information would be great. I am hoping to make this an "open discussion" of such issues rather than just an internal UC Davis discussion ...
— Eve Emshwiller (@EveEmshwiller) March 18, 2013