Sunday, February 12, 2012

Microbial metaomics discussion group this week: metatranscriptomics and biogeography

A visiting student at my lab Lea Benedicte Skov Hansen will be leading our "metaomics" discussion group this week.  We will be discussing a combination of metatranscriptomics and biogeography and the papers of the week are:

Metatranscriptomics paper:

Microbial community gene expression in ocean surface waters. Frias-Lopez J, Shi Y, Tyson GW, Coleman ML, Schuster SC, Chisholm SW, Delong EF. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Mar 11;105(10):3805-10. Epub 2008 Mar 3.



Some related papers of potential interest from DeLong

We are also discussing:

Drivers of bacterial beta-diversity depend on spatial scale. Martiny JB, Eisen JA, Penn K, Allison SD, Horner-Devine MC.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 108(19):7850-4.  (NOTE I am an author on this one - but the meat of the ideas/work was done by Jen Martiny, Claire Horner-Devine and others).

Related papers of possible interest by Jen Martiny and Claire Horner-Divine include:

Will let everyone know how the discussions go.  

3 comments:

  1. OI - why not any of my papers?? Especially seeing as I published mine in PLoS ONE and they are therefore all open access!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not do the selection, buddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. But happy to recommend one/more of yours for next week ...

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...