Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fun with microbial diversity studies: SitePainter

Nice new tool out there: SitePainter: A tool for exploring biogeographical patterns by Antonio Gonzalez, Jesse Stombaugh, Christian L. Lauber, Noah Fierer and Rob Knight.

I saw the paper and figured I would see if I could get it up and running.

First I downloaded the software from source forge.

Then I uncompressed it and tried to run it.  When I opened the index.html file in Chrom I got a message saying it only worked in Firefox.  So then I opened it in Firefox and I got an error saying it only worked in newer versions of Firefox.  So I downloaded the latest version of Firefox and then finally the tool opened.  I then followed the simple tutorial they have provided and Voila I was up and running in a few minutes


Completely cool.  Going to definitely have to try this out with our own site-variable microbial data.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...